With the support of the Council of Europe’s Eurimages Fund, Pop Up Film Residency is opening up a call for very special residency only for you!
This program aims to respond to the conclusion that there is a significant number of gender gaps in the European film industry, which includes the progress of the filmmaker’s careers, most importantly those who lead creative posts such as the director, scriptwriter, and/or producer.
The findings have also presented that even though there are little to none gender gaps in film schools and short film productions, the gaps tend to be visible with the filmmakers’ first and second features. Evidently, the number of women working on their third feature film decreases not only in production but also in terms of opportunities available for them to tap in. There are very few initiatives that support more experienced women filmmakers.
We are committed to keep fighting this trend, year after year, with our unique residency program.
The 2023/2024 edition will once again accommodate one project and its author.
We invite you to apply until 9th of June 2023.
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE RESIDENCY TAKE PLACE?
The residency will take place in August 2023 in Paris, France.
Your travel fare, per diems and accommodation are covered by the program.
WHO WILL BE MY MENTOR?
The mentor is always selected for a particular project. You can check our previous mentors here.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
If you are a woman filmmaker regardless of age and:
– are of nationality or based in one of the Council of Europe Eurimages member countries,
– are developing your 3rd or later feature film*, then you are eligible.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Fill in the registration form (Google Form): HERE.
You will need to attach:
– treatment or introduction of the project you’d like to develop with us (.pdf document up to 10 pages),
– intention note (explication – .pdf document up to 3 pages) so we see your thoughts and aims with the project,
– motivation so we can better assess how we can assist,
– CV with your previous works listed. Please provide us access to some of your previous pieces (shorts are alright).
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE?
The submissions are opened until 9th of June 2023, at midnight.
Do you still have questions? Feel free to contact Anastasia Hoppanova: firstname.lastname@example.org, she will be happy to guide you through the application procedure.
*Feel free to reach out to us if you’re unsure about your eligibility!