The Pop Up Film Residency will soon expand it’s scope into South America. The Olga Rabinovich Institute is a charity supporting the Brazilian audiovisual sector and headed by Josephine Bourgois. On 25. March 2019 the Institute is launching the “Projeto Paradiso”, a program that intends to foster the development of Brazilian films, with an emphasis on stories that engage with diverse audiences. The Pop Up Film Residency & the Olga Rabinovich Institute are happy to announce their collaboration within this framework through a residency program especially for experienced Brazilian filmmakers: “Pop Up Film Residency Paradiso”.
While there are many initiatives for newcomers, almost no programs are open to experienced film talents, who can still very much benefit from mentorship and an exchange of ideas about their film project. But these professionals are the ones who are the most likely to develop stories that can communicate with diverse & international audiences.
The “Pop Up Film Residency Paradiso” offers a 3-week residency for 1 experienced Brazilian filmmaker to work on the development of his/her feature film project in the summer of 2019. The Residency is to take place in Bratislava (Slovakia), under the guidance of the Pop Up Film Residency director Matthieu Darras, and with a mentor to be defined according to the needs of the filmmaker & project selected.
REQUIREMENTS & PRACTICAL INFOS
Who can apply?
The “Pop Up Film Residency Paradiso” is open to experienced Brazilian filmmakers who are:
– Brazilian citizen;
– Director and/or scriptwriter with credits in at least 2 feature films released in festivals and/or in theatres;
How to apply?
The application should include the following materials (in English and to be submitted together in one PDF):
– A synopsis (1 page) & a treatment (6-12 pages);
– An intention note (1-3 pages);
– A biography (1 page);
– Links to previous audio-visual works.
The application should be sent to: email@example.com
25. March 2019 The call for participants is launched, together with the public announcement of the “Projecto Paradiso”.
25. April 2019 Deadline for submitting an application.
20. May 2019 Announcement of the “Pop Up Film Residency Paradiso” participant.
July. – August 2019 Period of time during which the “Pop Up Film Residency Paradiso” takes place.
Exact dates (3 weeks in a row) to be defined together with the selected resident.